Monday, January 4, 2010

[Manga] Koisuru Boukun (The Tyrant Who Fell In Love)

What happens when a gay underclassman falls in love with his homophobic senpai? Trouble that's what! Oh, and probably a lot of tense situations, depression, abuse and some loving! This is the story of Koisuru Boukun, an epic yaoi manga from Takanaga Hinako, that tells the story of Tetsuhiro Morinaga and Souichi Tatsumi.

Mangafox's summary reads as:

Graduate student Souichi Tatsumi is demanding, violent, tyrannical... and a homophobe. So, it's unfortunate that his best assets are a beacon to the homosexual eye: his ass and crotch. Unfortunate, indeed--for both him and his underclassman -slash- lab assistant, Tetsuhiro Morinaga, who is hopelessly in love with those assets despite the threat to his own personal safety.


My comments:

This has got to be another one of those diamonds easily missed. The story is compelling, mind you. I found myself enraptured by Morinaga's efforts and how abusive Tatsumi could be (hey, what do you expect, the guy is homophobic!)

Probably a light that's not touched is a homophobe x gay story. Because you'd know that would be extremely impossible ayt? Well, get a manly uke that's a demon in saint's clothing, and it's almost like anything's possible!

My favorite character would have to be Morinaga, because he's fucking handsome. Yeeeeaah =.=  Anyone who knows me would find out I'm not really fond of long hair, and Morinaga has that boyish charm that really works for him. And he knows what he is and what he wants: He's gay and he's not going to change for anyone, not for family, not for his brother and not even for his sempai Tatsumi, who insists he should rehabilitate and turn straight so Morinaga could stop harassing him.

The sex scenes are meh. One of the few mangas I don't turn to the sex scenes to fap. Frankly, I haven't fapped to any page of this manga. The story is that good. I almost cried at some scenes, I forgot where though. .__.

I don't want to spoil, so I'll leave the cover pages and some few other scenes. The link is at the bottom so make sure to read this must-not-miss classic!

P.S. Also, there's a funny omake sequence of "Cinderella" and a side story featuring Morinaga's brother and Morinaga's first lover. The side story lacks the oomph of the main story however.

And, I spent 2 days to finish this manga. Quite a long read, but just because I was reading while doing work, playing games, the usual fanfare of sorts. :P








 

 

 

 



1 comment:

  1. I really love this manga! It's so sweet and cute. Anyway, your blog is a great place for some good suggestions. Hope you continue it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers

This blog caters to the yaoi and shounen ai fan, as well as the furry ones. I'll be catering to the mainstream yaoi fans, but take note there will be Furry fridays as well.

Images, manga links, fanfiction...everything under the sun. Leave a comment if you want something featured. ;)

The Dirt

My photo
You can follow me at Sakurabaneku(GCBoardsPH), IdentityConflict (ROBoardsPH), IdentityConflict (aarinfantasy), Tsunderekun (Chatango) IdentityConflict (fanfiction.net)